Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 mercury sable. It's got about 88,000 miles. The other day my check engine light came on. when I step on the gas sometimes, I'll get rpms but NO power or acceleration, after a moment thoughit kicks in...Sometimes in the morning after shift into gear the engine sputters and lags before driving smoothly. If i'm driving inner city and do mesh on the gas my car runs fine, but on the highway when she gets up to about 45-60 it sputters again then kicks in with power and acceleration.

So i got an OBD-2 scanner plugged it in and got "ERR" as a code and thats it. What does that mean and what do I do about this serious problem I have. Does this mean that my vechiles PCM is screwed up do I have to replace it. Help Please..

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If your OBD-II scanner doesn't have the CAN protocol capability, you won't be able to read the codes. Limp it to AutoZone or call ahead to the other parts stores to see what the code(s) are.

·
Registered
84 Posts
BTW do not go by what they say at the parts store for a diag.. they are not qualified to diag a car.. get the exact code number and post it here..

Not the description they give you just the code..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts