Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive my car every day 100 plus miles and its fine. when i put a load on it though the check engine light starts flashing 10 seconds on 10 off(1 blink)the it flashes twice and then off then it flashes 3 times then off. i went to checker-oriley and they said 2 thing 1 its my motor missing while going up hill(full throttle) or down hill (no throttle) and that they had a obd1 &2 tester so i hooked it up and it said 3 codes low oxygen, high oxygen, map sensor fault so i fixed the vacumme leak cleared codes and then the 2 oxygen sensor comes up again. so i change the oxygen sensors and the check engine light still does the same thing. so im baffled at what my car is trying to tell me, anyone know.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
You may want to tell us what the actual codes are for better replies. I don't know how to interpret "high oxygen" and "low oxygen" because oxygen sensor cycles hi-lo-hi-lo.....for normal operation.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i went and hooked up the scanner to my car and it says dtc-111(no codes) yet the check engine light still flashes when i go up hill. so how do i figure out why it comes on? i dont want to just ignore it and it break down in the middle of nowhere(like my '91 lumina z34). so any imput on this would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It might be just a bad connection/shorted wires. Harness, dashbord...

·
Banned
323 Posts
I believe a flashing check engine light means your engine has a misfire.

Maybe if you add an air scoop to the roof, it would help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe a flashing check engine light means your engine has a misfire.

Maybe if you add an air scoop to the roof, it would help.
thats what i was told, how do i fix it if i changed the cap/rotor wires?

how would a roof scoop help? i wasnt saying i liked a roofscoop on a taurus i was saying be nice to people that come to you for help. its like kicking them while their down.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Sounds like you did not run the COMPLETE code test. SOunds like you missed the second half of the KOEO test that gives CM (intermittant fault) codes. The 111 was the first part of KOEO that only shows current fault codes. Did you run the KOER test?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like you did not run the COMPLETE code test. SOunds like you missed the second half of the KOEO test that gives CM (intermittant fault) codes. The 111 was the first part of KOEO that only shows current fault codes. Did you run the KOER test?
yes i did it comes up with "no codes present"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts