Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I'm posting this for my cousin. She and her husband have a 2007, I think, Taurus and recently the check brake system light has been coming on, the car dying/loosing power then it restarts right back up...almost like a small power surge. they have had it at the dealer for the 3rd or 4th time now(its there as we speak)...the computer has been replaced 2x's already and its still happening. thing is it'll go weeks w/o happening. and the guys at the dealer cant find anything wrong so I opted for my resources...so any help y'all can provide would be greatly appreciated. i'll check back periodically as im on vacation but i know she'd like it...ecspecially if we can outsmart the dealer mechanics :)

Kd

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thought id bump ths back up because their Taurus is still in the shop.....has been since I potsed this so if anyone has any ideas on what could be it bc the dealership mechanics cant find anything

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Not familiar whit what the 07s have but what is the check brake light? Is it the brake level or ABS? Does it flash a code when first started?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts