Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 GL Taurus
it used to have a remote to unlock doors and trunk pop, but it was a 2nd hand car and someone before probably broke it and lost it. Was wondering whats the best way to getting a remote for my car again.... Get a controller and get it re-programmed....??

thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
otherwise your owners manualmay have stickers with a code on them! If you find these stickers or the code written on something you could easily get it reprogrammer at a dealer if you track down a remote!

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Get a remote or two from eBay. They are listed all the time, and are inexpensive. Follow the instructions in the owners manual to program the remotes: Turn the ignition key from "off" to "run" 8 times. The door locks should cycle. (think, thunk) Press any button on each remote. After 10 seconds the locks will cycle again. Then test the remotes.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I agree...buy them on ebay. You can usually get them for 20-30 bucks each, and as sfhess said, they're really easy to program. While you're at it, buy yourself an extra PATS key so that you have a third lying around somewhere, just in case.

JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts