Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the cheapest way I can buy and put in a cone air filter for my vulcan (2000) ?? I saw an intake kit on the Draxas webpage, but it was $85. I dunno if thats expensive or not. How much did you guys pay for the MAF, and Cone filter, and everything else? Any info or help is appreciated..
Thanks, Karim

·
Registered
307 Posts
i have a CAI with a cone filter the whole set up cost me 50 bucks.. if i just wanted a HAI with just a MAF adapter and cone filter it woulda cost 35...i made my MAF adapter out of a drain. and yes i had to cut it. but if you look at it now it looks just like one of those 35 dollar MAF adapters and i only paid 10 for the drain..i first tries different toliet fixtures but couldnt find one to fit....i have a vulcan... i would go to your local hard ware store and go to the plumming section and just look around dont be in a hurry just get ideas make sure you look good..sry i dont have pics

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.. I actually looked through the forum after I posted this topic and found some good CAI topics, so im thinking about doing one. I got a question tho. Is putting the airfilter by the front tire the place place for it? I mean, doesnt it get really dirty from the road. Also wouldnt the tires give off a substantial amount of heat and defeat the purpose of a CAI? I guess it's a lot better then having hot air sucked from the hot engine. Also, i've read that if you just have the cone filter in the engine compartment it sucks in hot air and is actually worse then having a stock filter. Any thoughts about this??

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It won't get drity because of teh fenderwell cover. That protects it from the wheel. And I don't think the wheel would generate that much heat to heat it up.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Get an MAF adapter from duratchperformance.com ($35 I think), get a cone filter from ebay (new or used, you can get a pretty good deal, even on KN's), and go to home depot and start planning

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also wondering what is the difference between the Oil Cone filters and the stainless steel? They look very identical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts