Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the website/ebay for the cheapest radio adapter and harness? Didn't see anything in the classifieds here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You just have to keep checking Ebay. I found a brand new Metra kit a couple months ago for only $30 plus $10 shipping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ORRRRR...modifiedlife.com...find your make/model/year...get the factory wire colors...and wire it up that way...wiring harnesses are a rip off...lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
i just bought this ipod adapter off ebay for $65 canadian for my 1997 taurus sho and just hooked it up to cd changer in trunk and sounds awesome and u can still use cdplayer in trunk also heres the link
(IPOD IPHONE NANO TOUCH 3GS 4 3G INTERFACE ADAPTER INPUT #150590335742

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
ORRRRR...modifiedlife.com...find your make/model/year...get the factory wire colors...and wire it up that way...wiring harnesses are a rip off...lol
Most aftermarket stereos will 1, either quite working if they are cheap, a harness makes it much easier to replace.
2, You may want to swap them to another vehicle should the old one ever get totaled, sold, etc. Harnesses let you swap easily, and let you put the stock stereo back in if you need to for any reason. This is especially true if it is an expensive nice head unit.

Iv'e done both, I've also run into lots of factory systems that had different colors than the manuals stated.

To me, I would never cut and splice the original wiring unless I had to.

For these reasons, wiring harnesses are not a rip off. I usually assemble the new harness to the radio harness with a soldering iron outside the vehicle. Then everything just plugs in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts