Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think this is a good cheap mod for the g4 sables, since they already have so much chrome on them, it will look like it's stock. go to advance auto etc and buy some chrome wheel molding (comes in an 18 ft roll for $13) and put on your grill. instead of putting the molding around the mercury emblem (like i see on the ebay kits) just remove the emblem, carfully cut and epoxy pieces in the area, and then epoxy the emblem back on... the screw thing on the back of the emblem is not big enough, so you need to epoxy it back on. just plan on taking a few hours if you want it to look good with exact cuts. i used about 1 and 1/3 rolls, but you could do it with onei think if you don't mess up your cutting at all or just don't care if it's exact. i spent $30 for the epoxy and two rolls, so this is a good cheap mod i think.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's a close up of the emblem, the hard area since the piece need to be epoxed and you can't use just staight pieces due to the back of the emblem, the bottom and top pieces are actually seperate. on the pic it looks like the top of the emblem is messed up or something, it's not, that's just the reflection.

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
It does look very good. However, you will regret it later. In about 3 months time, the chrome will start to chip and peel especially since it is in the grill instead of the quarter panels.

Again, it looks good just be prepared.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used strong epoxy (not just the adhesive tape on the back of them) so i don't think i have to worry about them peeling, about getting chipped up, what do you think about coating them with clear rustoleum? i use that on a lot of stuff and it works great.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Daaaaang! Thats bling bling. It looks really really clean. Nice work! Anybody workin on a G4 Taurus grille replacement??

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Definetly looks factory. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Dude you're a genius! I can't believe I didn't think of that, I was trying to cut out something from a truck to fit into my grille... now I'm trying that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts