Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have been to multiple shops with my 2008 Taurus. It's leaking near the front of the engine on the passage side. It's 3 separate puddles every time. The shop can never seem to find the right leak. I know at least one of the drips is transmission fluid because I keep having to add fluid, any ideas on what to look for from a shop, so I stop having to chase this problem? -A.S.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Best thing to do if you have the means is to jack the car up, clean everything with brake clean and then see what leaks when the car is off vs when it's running. If something is leaking when you're not driving then it will be easier to track if it's all clean. I had an oil pan gasket leak on my Infiniti that I couldn't quite pinpoint for a while because it would drip out at 75+mph and be all over the transmission and engine. If it does only leak when it's on (or leaks more when it's on) then you know it's going to be higher up in the motor or transmission as there's only residual fluid up near the top when the engine is off.

The shops probably can't find the right place because it's all covered in oil by now. You could also lay something down that's white that way when it drips out you can see what color it is, thus telling you what type of fluid it is, then you just have to track it down to a certain spot. Hope you get it figured out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts