Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Last of water leaks fixin. Both hinges, glass, & trim.
Disabled the door open light as I was getting interior lights on, and "door ajar" light, off and on. Glass permanently closed. Tired of water in the foot well.
Left side hinge removed and sealed, and this side, the hinge to glass is double nuted with the wiper motor mount inbetween. Small leak but this is the easier fix compared to removing the wiper motor.
Now to leak test, then put the trim back inside.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I drove old rusty couple miles and the fuel pump as humming so loud. Next day daughter told me CEL light on. I showed my 18 year old grandson how to use the code reader. He checked it at Mark's house and said it was P0191. I told my daughter to tell Mark, "new pump or junk it" Too rusty to repair in my world.
-chart-
Update. Mark took the car to my local shop. Guy said he replaced the pump years ago, life time warranty, so only $60 in labor. You can't lose them all.
-chart-

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Taurus'03 right. Daughter had her son driving practice for his driving test. She heard something the rear brakes not right. When she drives likely would not notice. I traded cars and went to pull the drum and my spoon/wire could not move the adjuster. Found the drum not that tight, and it had not been adjusting. Stuck quite tight in the left end. Fortunate the drum was not suck in the rust band, guess it had not been adjusting for a while. This kind of thing could be a real hard to deal with. On the old star wheel, the lever had been moving in the same place so it had worn the star tooth out.
Fixed. Now to see the other side.
-chart-

Attachments

121 - 123 of 123 Posts