Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So, bought this right after the July 4 day off. Now 6 years + and 59K miles and still no rust, runs fine, my favorite car of all time. It was a rescue car as it was going to auction if I did not buy it. Not too clean, poorly maintained but cheap for no rust FL car. Daughter wants to borrow it next weekend for a road trip ~250 miles or so. Scheduled at Sams club for Mics.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Replaced these. Rear wagon '03. Getting a little thin. Springs rusted solid.
-chart-
For what it is worth: I am 81 today, (happy birthday to me) and I can still change rear disc pads, screw the piston in, sand the rotors and such in the driveway in winter.
Tomorrow get cortisone shots in my knees tomorrow, hour or so before the snow storm = est. 10". Snow blower all tuned up and gas can out there along with the shovel. Buick full of gas, and will fill the wagon today after a shopping run for essentials.
-chart-

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Replaced the belt on the Taurus. One on it was fairly new when I bought it used, less than 2 years ago. I will guess it was damaged when someone installed it. The sleeve for this belt was in the trunk along with another new belt, one number different but that checked to be 4" longer and useless. So I bought, belt, pads for rear of wagon, 2 each of the following. fuel filters, air filters, cabin filters. Going to be a maintenance project in the Spring.
-chart-

Attachments

101 - 104 of 104 Posts