Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sputter, sputter, stall... "No fuel remaining"?

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Rotated my tires today myself in neighbor's driveway. The TPMS tool worked perfect. Re wrote the directions from Buick to make it SIMPLE. Order is driver front and then around the car clockwise. No need for a paragraph for each wheel. Takes about 2 seconds per wheel with the tool button pressed. Horn beeps once for each wheel, then twice when done. This tool is GM only but similar for Ford.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
^ Chart, bought that same tpms re-learn tool ~5-6 yrs. for the Impalas for ~$85, lol!!! Good to see they've come down ~$70 in price.

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
First time to start the Buick outside in cold.
Zero overnight, it cranked slow but started nearly instantly. Power steering whiney for a few seconds and all is good. Idled for ~10 minutes to get the frost of the windshield. Could have put it in the garage overnight but forgot.

Checked the odo and 301 miles in 68 days = average 4.4 miles per day.

Grandson goes back to college tomorrow and I will get my wagon back. That one @50 miles a day for us, about 12 trips a day. Wagon got 200m tue, 250m Wed, and will get 200m tomorrow. Then I get it back.

Love it. Added a Q of oil at 2,968 miles on the change. It leaks.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Bought tires today, 235-55-17 so not too common size.
GY Assurance on it when I bought it, now ~half worn out but rather noisy on new pavement which is lots of roads here since summer. Several snows already, and one at 10.5" so decided to fix the noisy GY's and better tread for winter. Priced at Sams club near and they are booked up till Christmas. Sears ~half mile away and they got them overnight and went in this am and one hour out the door. Just time for a quick lunch at the center court. Michelin Defenders. $165.99 per, $2.5 env fee required by NY, $18.99 mount and balance. Now set of 4 discount $110.99 total and by the sheet, total $638.93 plus tax. Factory rebate $70 when I fill out the sheet.

Quick math and I am out $155 per.

Drive out down the interstate and very quiet compared to GY. Quick steer back and forth and clear the rear end wag is much less with Mics. Big car, long wheelbase soft suspension so not expecting it to handle like the Lin Cont. Quite satisfied.

"Bring On The SNOW".

The '03 wagon has JY tires/wheels all around so not expecting much. ($30 per so can't pass that up)

-chart-

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Had the Buick 1 full year now, yesterday first out of local drive. About 170 mile day. Open interstate drive 60 mi each way in the am. 27.7mpg east, 28.7 west. max wind for the day 4mph from the side. No good reason for better mpg on return leg. First leg ~zero temp but car was fully warmed up before the start as it was the third trip of the day. Return ~20F so bit warmer but doubt it matters. Some really bad pavement down near Vestal. Local here new pavement on the interstate and it has another issue. It has a wave about 5-6' by my estimate and it picks up a feel like a out of round tire. When it rains I can see the waves. Better than pot holes. Was paved last summer at night. Each night they would close a lane and pave all night, rain not.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Charging capacity of Buick.
Checking out the charging just because I have this meter and a power plug for the power port. In the pic, HL bright, blower-A/C max. foot on the brakes. When cranking, low point intial 10V but ~11 after the first dip. Quick test tells me Bat is OK, and charging is good.

In contrast my past Lin Cont cannot keep up at idle. Alt failed at 47K and again at 80K. Same Alt is G-4's DOHC engine, just different mounting.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Changed the oil and filter on the Buick but did not reset the reminder. Daughter driving and called me to tell me the "change oil" message was showing. Now have to look it up to see how that is done.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Really hard to find what fits our needs. But I traded the old Lin in for this. 2011, one owner, no smoking, serviced at the selling dealer on schedule, no accidents, no bruises, clean, mid PA car so no rust issues. All day yesterday 3+ hours down and then ran around to see 3 cars. New GY tires, new rotors and pads, just serviced. 59K miles.

The wife has had surgery to replace her right shoulder, so it does not move back to the seat belt for passenger, and had bones fused in her right thumb so difficult to grip the belt with her right hand. Open center (column shift) and I usually do her seat belt. Even for her to do a seat belt, much better in the open center. And of course she only wants light color in and out. So this silver out and titanium in works.

Now have to learn how to reset the trip odometer and mpg reset and lots of other buttons. Today found it warms up much quicker than the Lin, and I used the heated steering wheel. Dual climate setting works for the wife also.

Even though this is a 11 the 12's were out well before this one sold. Noted, quick look at Carfax oil changed 10 times in the first 49K miles.
So I did this today. I traded the Buck for my '03 Sable wagon for trips. Daughter had the Buick because I much prefer the Sable wagon. Both of had similar trips, ~100 miles each way. While driving the wagon, I had to think, this thing is so comfortable. About 60 miles interstate, 40 miles 2 lane hills. My total miles today ~250.
-chart-

41 - 49 of 49 Posts