Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charts Move. Wagon being loaded at the motel. 40 nights in motels, 6 different rooms/motels. Pic out our patio at our apartment. 2 BR 2 Baths, living room, dining room, and kitchen. U-Haul 10foot truck yesterday and moved purchased chairs, donated furniture, and 3 of our own from the house. Computer and TV up and running here. New bed delivered Tuesday and our first night here.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Wagons still come in handy. Nice view from your new place. Sure nice to have a permanent roof over your head.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Morning in NY

Fall is not far away in upstate. 55 degrees this am and fog.
House repair contractor, estimates it could be back in "live in" by Christmas. But they not often on calendar schedule.
Wife bought a couch, recliner, chair, nice condition for $125 at garage sale.
Neighbor gave us dining table and 4 chairs, and desk.
Friend moving away gave us a desk, TV table, and drapes.
Our dog sitter gave us a 40" flat screen.

Now we have 3 windows with no curtain or rod. Project of the day. Seems "unfurnished" means it a " do it yourself project".

Yesterday the wife bought food stuff for the shelves and refrig.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One day in the '03 wagon. Actually one false start and had to shut off. Pas door would not latch. Had to get out and smack it around a bit. So 13 trips total 44 miles. House insurance pays me 25 miles at $0.55 per mile for loss of use on the house. I miss having the hair dryer heater in the car when living in the house to warm the car. Can't do that here in apartment. The Buick is in the garage but I hate to get it out and put it back. When the grandson come back from college, I will be driving the Buick, he drives the sedan, daughter drives the wagon. Life never gets boring.

Data by "Carchip".

Driven by old coot.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,828 Posts
Mikes house burned down.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mikes house burned down.
Attic fire, likely electric. Fire confined to attic. Water damage all the way down to basement. ~80% of contents saved and stored. Asbestos in the drywall compound so house stripped to the bare studs. All kitchen and bath fixtures gone to the asbestos dump. Bare skeleton. Will get all new stuff by insurance. In the meantime, living in apartment paid for by insurance.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, on the bright side of things, that means that the repair work will have to be up to current code, which probably means better insulation, better wiring, better fuse panel, and a free paint job once its all said and done!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wagons still come in handy. Nice view from your new place. Sure nice to have a permanent roof over your head.

It's a shame that the market for wagons has died nowadays. I think they're far more stylish and, I would imagine, better handling than SUV or "crossovers" (whatever that means).

I hope to one day add a wagon of some sort to my garage.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Next week getting new trusses and sheathing. Supposed to be above freezing most of week as daytime high. 20's night 45-50 daytime and no wind over 12mph. No rain till mid day Thursday.

-chart-
Workers took off the trusses from the work shop and put back new trusses. But inspector stopped them as they had the permit to remove but not the one to replace. Contractors will have the permit first thing in the morning tomorrow. If the weather is OK, they will pull the garage roof and put new trusses on tomorrow. They could then join the new beams in the shop to the garage and would be weather proof.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gonna have them insulate the garage while they are in there?
Garage is insulated before, but of course removal of ceiling/trusses remove that. Code requires new ceiling be 5/8" fire resistant drywall. New ceiling insulation too. Outside wall is not decided yet. It is insulated and paneled.
House must go from 2x4 to 2x6 walls so will need to add strips to existing wall studs to let them add more R in the wall insulation. I plan on using insulation in all interior walls but it is not code. Good for sound blocking.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Outside work being done to take advantage of the weather. Inside still bare. Need kitchen layout before the electric wiring can be planned.
Apartment living is not bad.

-chart-

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts