Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please feel free to post any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the chapter or club. Also post any complaints about the chapter or club you may have. Members need to remember that the club and chapters exist solely due to the members, so anything you would like to see happen with the club or chapters, voice them here.

Thanks

--Jeff

·
Registered
36 Posts
Add a mailing list for the people in the west coast group so we can be notified of announcements. I want to make it to a meet sometime but can't always check the board. If we could send a PM to the west coast people of the announcement we may get a better turnout.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a West Coast TCCA Member directory, including Names, mailing addresses, and emails and some have included alternate emails, cell phone #s, and IM ids as well.

If any West Coast TCCA member would like to add contact info, or update the info they sent then simply PM the info to me.

As soon as we get some ideas and suggestions on meets I will send out PMs to all WCTCCA members with details and updates.

In the mean time, always check the boards when you have the chance.

--Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Is West Coast TCCA asleep?!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Feb 19 2004, 07:32 PM
How about making some keychains?
Sure, just let me know what you are looking for, i.e. design, shapes, colors, material,etc. and I'll see what I can find.

BTW, any and all products MUST be approved by TCCA Admin.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
how about so cal members wake up lets get a meet goign here i have posted and gotten no responses.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Have we decided on a West Coast TCCA logo yet? If not, how about putting the standard TCCA bull logo on the keychain with like "West Coast" above the logo and "TCCA" below the logo. Maybe make some with different color backgrounds. And make them those hard durable square plastic keychains with the metal ring and connector instead of those flimsy plastic ones.

I found this site on Yahoo that might help: http://www.atlaspen.com/search/?item=8680C&pv=1

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
Hehehe, how about WCTCCA inside of a Chevy Bowtie?

Sorry couldn't help it, gotta remember I'm a Chevy man from the get go. HAHAHA

No I don't wanna start a brand war here so lets not read into that. The point is at least we are driving AMERICAN cars, instead of born and bred overseas.

After all I'm an American and just like me I want a car that is born and bred to rip and shred which means, Chevy Dodge, Ford, or AMC. Of course I vote Chevy first but everyone has a preference.

I still couldn't resist that joke. Wonder how bad I'm gonna get flamed. Just remember NO BRAND WAR, that was not my intention, was only to be a smartass.

Michael

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Feb 20 2004, 07:34 PM
Have we decided on a West Coast TCCA logo yet? If not, how about putting the standard TCCA bull logo on the keychain with like "West Coast" above the logo and "TCCA" below the logo. Maybe make some with different color backgrounds. And make them those hard durable square plastic keychains with the metal ring and connector instead of those flimsy plastic ones.

I found this site on Yahoo that might help: http://www.atlaspen.com/search/?item=8680C&pv=1
Sounds like great design, but we need to find a place that has lower minium quantities, after all we only have 30 WCTCCA members. If you could makes up a sample of what you would like it to look like that would be great. Or maybe Michael could throw something together, using his mad tight computer skillz.

Sorry couldn't help it, gotta remember I'm a Chevy man from the get go[/b]

Just for you Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
You do realize that the last Camaroe and Firebirds were built in Canada, and while you call it RICE, most of it comes out of plants in the USA, and for a History lesson, the Chevrolet Bros. were French, and we all know what a Good Americans view of anything French should be ?? Piss on it !! any Questions

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well as for the rice mobiles being built here that may be, but look at where the design comes from.
As per the quote from the movie thuogh I feel like a little fish in a big F'in pond.
Being a Chevy guy and all. Chevy is owned by General Motors now and has been for awhile and thats what matters. As for Cananda, well, um, we have Canadian members I must plead the 5th on that one.
I sure hope though yer not one of these poor people who think Ford is the only American company there is, because Ford has a BIG Japanese interest, and most of Ford is controlled out of Japan. They were very adamant about advertising this back in the 80's but won't care to admit it now. I remember the commercials and even have some of them on tape still. OH GOD, I still have TV shows on tape from the 80's, um, scratch everything I've just said as I just realized I need to go get a life. Oh god my car is from the 80's too. IS THERE NO REDEMPTION?????

Oh yeah Trober8??? Hehehe. BITE ME! LMAO.
Heck everything on here is just in good fun. Except when it comes to my bull being the baddest of the bad. Well 1st gen anyway. Just wait and see. I have some gauge mods I'm working on right as we speak, waiting for paint to dry. DONER CAR SHOWS UP SATURDAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Feb 25 2004, 06:09 PM
Here's a simple idea of what I'd like to see.
Hey Alex, I'd like to use that design for our new logo decals...can you put Taurus Car Club of America under the TCCA? and then post a shot of it..

Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, one more thing, how about taking out the TCCA....Just to see what it looks like. But leave Taurus Car Club of America. Also could you try putting "Chapter" under West Coast. I just want to see different combinations, please add any other combos you think up as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have an idea. I might be able to make it happen too. How about shirts with the logo I made with the lightning and such on the back and a little bullshead on the front left breast???

If I can do it, I'd be selling them for about 10 or 15 bucks a shot to cover my costs. Whaddya all think? I'll be making various prototype shirts here before too long to test durability of whatever I put on them. If things go ok then I'll let y'all know. I might send a sample shirt to Troper8 if he'd like as well.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by fantacmet@Mar 3 2004, 01:28 AM
I have an idea.  I might be able to make it happen too.  How about shirts with the logo I made with the lightning and such on the back and a little bullshead on the front left breast???

If I can do it, I'd be selling them for about 10 or 15 bucks a shot to cover my costs.  Whaddya all think?  I'll be making various prototype shirts here before too long to test durability of whatever I put on them.  If things go ok then I'll let y'all know.  I might send a sample shirt to Troper8 if he'd like as well.
Freebie t-shirt..ummmm...well, let me think about it......HELL YEA!!!! j/k....Mike that would be great but, I could not and would not take the t-shirt without proper compensation for said item...Considering all the politics today, let me say this....

I have never taken money from special interest groups (except the donation from Hooters for the ROTB), nor would I take a free t-shirt without compensating the producer a fair market value for the shirt, my Chapter Presidency can't be bought!...J/K

Ok, so I got a little carried away (hearing people murmur "a little?")....

Mike please make sure that any and all merchandising is submitted and approved by TCCA admin. staff in accordance with Club by-laws. Contact Bob or Doc for further instruction.

Ok, now that the jokes and formal advisements are out of the way, Mike that would be a great idea, I'd most certainly purchase one (perferably in white) in "coleman tent size" as I have alot of area to cover (XXL should do even if they shrink).

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks great Alex, one more combo if you would please...How about one just like the last one but instead of Taurus Car Club at the bottom, maybe the web address, and then try it with just TCCA at the bottom.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts