Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WCTCCA seems to be lacking in posts and activity. Have we gone the way of the do-do or what?

Can I get a head count on who's still around?

Jeff?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I'm here. But there's nothing interesting to talk about. Except maybe the gouging gas prices ($2.33 a gallon is way too f'ing expensive!).

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Still here but i dont see this chapter going anywhere tried to organize meets in so cal and cannot get one response so yes i would say it is possible.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Sorry, I was in Las Vegas since last thursday, on business, just got back into the office. I will get you an updated member list tomorrow.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, good to see we still have some living members out there. I'm not going to shut down the chapter but considering the last post was mine for a couple of months and I was in Iraq, I wondered if you guys had been kidnapped by aliens or what.

Jeff, you can hold the list. I am trying ot get back up to speed with everything from before I left and this is high on the list.

Anything currently in the woks or being planned? I'll be in Hawaii the last week of this month, probably Vegas for Christmas/New Year's but other than that I should be around.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
As I had stated before, I have tried to put together meets and such, but after expending a great deal of time and money, with very very little attendence or support, I had decided to leave any future meets up to the members to organize. I realize that as the Chapter President I should continue this responsibility, but considering the lack of dedication and support from the members, I can not justify the time and expense. I will fully support anyone organizing a meet, and will offer my help in any capacity. I have simply become discouraged with the lack of interest and involvement from the chapter members as I have expressed in the past.

--Jeff

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, we'll keep working on it. I'm sure we can come up with something.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone want to come down to California Speedway in November/December? I'm heading down there with 5-10 other SHOs... the date is not yet set.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Pretty sad state of affairs when you have a thread title of " Chapter Closure ", and it gets no new posts for 3 days, it really shows that the members of the West Coast TCCA aren't really involved. I know there are a few that are "active" members but for the most part it is a "dead" chapter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:goldberg: Hello Guys!

I just arrived on the site today.

Bought a 93 Taurus last summer 125,000 miles left Idaho for Houston a year ago and had the transmission go in Houston, it was not unexpected I had done some research before buying the car.
Spent the winter around the Southwest and back here to Idaho last spring.
Had a clamp on the heater hose all summer removed it for winter, need to go after that actuator on the air box.
I also need new struts as I carry my tools in the trunk and the headlights point to the sky, no one seems to have any heavy duty or overloads listed?

Yesterday I was driving home and the transmission seemed to go into neutral as I was going about 55 but when I stop it worked fine thru 1st and 2nd then in drive was acting funny again. Stayed off the hiway and took it easy the rest of the way home and the problem seems to have gone away, fluid smells sweet and is full? Any ideas?

If anyone happens to get in a bind around this part of the country give a shout.

Thanks
Skip
From North Idaho

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Skip, I sent your assist request to maintenance and repair for you to save you some time.- Doc  Click here for Assist Request
Welcome Skip!

Please have a little patience with the site right now. We just did a server switch and the new host is not working out too well. Adam B. (our resident guru) is working a solution as we speak. The site will be much more reliable and responsive very soon you can be sure.

As far as the tranny, struts issues, you may want to check out the maintenance and repair section. There may be some older posts dealing with the issue you have. I owned a Gen 2 ('95GL) for a while but had neither of those issues and now I own a Gen 4 ('01 SES). My wife had the struts replaced while I was in Iraq so I can't say what's out there. There are plenty of people (Bob Gervais is a good starting point) who do suspension work or have upgraded their suspensions that may be able to lend a hand. Of course there have been many with tranny issues so that should be relatively easy to get an answer on <_<

Best bet is to post in maintenance and repair, you'll get much more eyes on your post there than in a specific chapter thread.

It would help some if you could include the engine and tranny info with your question. i.e, 3.0 ltr (vulcan) or 3.8 ltr (Essex) with AXOD, AXOD-E, AX4S, AX4N, etc., If your not sure which tranny, don't look at the pan, often times it is not the same as what it says (usually says AXOD, guess they had a lot of extra pans for those, lol) but there is a tranny code on the tranny itself visible from the engine compartment.

Again, welcome to TCCA and hopefully we can help get you back on the road in no time.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Skip@Oct 19 2004, 06:40 PM
Thanks
Skip
From North Idaho
Skip.. how close is that to Idaho Falls? I'm going to be heading up there in 2 months or so.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome skip.

I've been really busy lately and I no longer own a Taurus. That explains my lack of participation. Best of luck gentlemen, I'll continue to check back once in a while.

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
I'm still around, just not online right now. I get the occasion, to get online, I'm currently back in school for a degree in Network Systems Administration, and am challenging classes my first quarter and later on. Hope to be back up soon. Good news all, I've got a g/f now as well. WAHOO. Everyone should feel sorry for poor Caitlin for being my girlfriend. LOL.

Rev Michael

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, Im still around Doc. Since I got in my accident I've been not driving the Sable around too much. Wheels should be on the Sable soon and it should be all done in a matter of 2 weeks. I think now that you're in town that we all have a meet somewhere in Souther Cali. What do you all think? Im down. I've been down... just no one has really decided to join me. Let me know all and we'll see whats up!

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm definitely still around and still posting in the main boards of course. I'd definitely like to organize a meet of some sort. Heck I'm even going to do my best to head out to ROTB next year (road trip anyone?) to meet everyone else. Things have just been slow in the WC but I don't think it should be closed down. I'd still love to meet everyone and have a nice BBQ and I'm down for pretty much anywhere in CA and nearby, even so-Cal, my mom lives down there so I can do a 2 for 1 visit.

-mobiuslogic

EDIT: I'll also definitely be at the Car Club Fest thing and am pretty peeved to hear they cancelled it, but whatever. I hope they reschedule it.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i am in the same boat as jeff i trued 2-3 times to get a hooter meet again and not even one response from most people. so i gave up i have been busy with my el co club and am vice president elect and thats where my time goes. I am willing to try and get socal meet together beofre the holidays dec 4th works good for me. i'll give it another try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts