Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Taurus:unsure:

The one on the driver side is not performing as it should. I thought it might be dirty and stuck a pin inside to clean it out. Mistake. Now the washer fluid comes out in a stream. Before I attempt to get the black nozzle off the car is there any secret to doing this? Do I just pull it up? What about the water line? Will it come up with it or will I be removing the hood blanket to find the water line?

SUP

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
No need to remove the whole hood blanket. Just drop the rear part down. When you do, you will see how to remove the nozzle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I revisited it and I will need to remove one pin holding the blanket. I contacted the Ford dealer to make sure they had a replacement nozzle (they have to order one) and also to make sure they have a replacement blanket pin (my luck it will break upon removal). They have to order that as well. Looks like a project for next weekend. In any case, I think it will be as simple as remove a water line and a small clip. Hopefully that is it. Never stick a pin in the water nozzle!

SUP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts