Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I droped the trans pan tonight to change filter and fluid and the old filter gasket was stuck up in the hole so got that all cleaned out and went to put the new filter up in and no way would it go in. Worked and worked on it but wouldnt go, so i called auto zone and found out they gave me the wrong one but I still cant get it to go up in there far enough to stay there. It drops out before I can get the pan up and it doesnt look like it will go up far enough to tighten up the pan. I see a steel ring up in there or is that just a machined lip in that hole? Does that ring come out? help please:(

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
Yeah, you prob. just got the rubber coating of the filter neck seal out & left the interior metal ring. With a sm. screwdriver, carefully pry out the ring a bit & pull out with needle-nose pliers. New seal should already be installed on new filter. Coat new seal with new atf & install. It should kinda pop into place when its correctly seated. make sure plastic clip on top of filter is positioned over proper tube. good luck, -sheila

1 - 2 of 2 Posts