Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My taurii has 131k miles, I get a pretty rough & noisy ride over regular bumps.
I have to change the front end links. I was also thinking that the struts might need changing.

I am thinking of the front only. Is this a good idea. Will it give me any benefit. I am changing them to get a better ride/handling.
Also I am not sure if the clunking over bumps is being cause by end links or the subframe bushings.

Mineke guys after their buy 4 struts get one free offer quoted me 680 something for all four. ONLY struts no mounts nothing. I was like ok thanks for the quote

fyi: they were using grabriel somethin..

B

·
0 Posts
You can do them in pairs without a problem. As a side note, always replace the mounts and bearings when doing front struts. No need to do the job twice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
FYI the springs in the taurus like to break and they usually break where you cant see them. So don't be surprized too see them fall apart when they are removed from the strut. If you are replacing front only you will get a car that looks really fast PARKED haha rofl

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I had my struts changed in pairs, and after I did my fronts, the rear of the car looked really saggy and low until I had the rear pair done. Kinda of looked like my car was hauling a** all the time because the front was higher than the back.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wats "FAST PARKED"

I am pretty sure, that my front with the existing struts are not sagging/lowered.
heck I dont even know if the struts are god or bad. Bounce test is

bt I have 131k, dont think the struts were changed (again not sure), they are motorcraft.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Well I know at least for the older cars, it is suggested to have the struts replaced at the 60-80k mark...so if you haven't done yours yet, they should be close to worn
. Oh yeah, to save some more cash, go with some monroe's or gabriel's - they're cheaper than motorcraft, have the same ride quality, and last just as long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts