Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking to install a newer more modern antenna for my 1996 gl has anybody tried that? maybe someone knows of a site that sells retro fit antennas. I am also willing to do some modifications if not to hard. thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
You're kinda vague on what you're actually doing. I replaced a broken mast on my 98' Sable wagon power antenna. Believe it was a Metra piece. Actually yanked the whole unit, and lubed it up while at it. I'm far more handier than most though. Also put in a Hoffman power unit, replacing a broken power factory unit in another car. Crutchfield carries several different antenna's

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Is this what you mean? The little black flames have since worn off, but the antenna is all stainless steel. The base is a replacement from ford. The antenna comes with adapters to fit most antenna bases as do pretty much all aftermarkets. So you shouldn't have any issue finding one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I got this one down at Autozone. Picks up just as well as my old one. Sure it's a Gen 4, but I'm sure anything looks better then the R/C styled ones we have on ours. :lol2:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts