Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to change the color of the lights that come through on the guages, but i don't wanna spend $100 on new guage faces. is there any way to do that?

i looked on the forums here but couldn't find the exact answer.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
You can change the colors.. take apart the whole dash to get to the cluster, then scrape off the film of the numbers and dummy lights, and replace the bulbs in the back of the cluster with the color of your choice...

Although I know that new gauge faces are available from procarparts.com for under $100... they are like.. $30-40 if I am correct. I think it would be better to go with new faces myself.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. last time i checked they were $100 +. if they're that cheap though, i'll just get new faces. can they be bought retail? i can't order things online (credit cards are bad bad bad) so i'd almost have to get them retail.

know of anyplace?

thanks ash.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i got the 120 speedo with temp, fuel, and tac.

now if i could just get the car to DO 120... :D

thanks ash...i appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do have a quick question as i am about to change my gauge faces out. What color are the original lamps in the cluster and how many total? reason being, i plan to simply toss some led(superbrightleds.com) bulbs behind the cluster in place of the original lamps. If anyone knows just let me know and if anyone needs some superbright led replacements let me know, i'm a tech sales engineer at Mouser Electronics. I can put a few orders in.....

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Well I had the Glow Gauge that used to change up to 6 different colors but I took it off because I wanted something different so I decided to put LEDs behind the cluster where the stock were in. I like the way it turned out now because everything looks blue except the icons in the cluster ... i.e SES sign, High beam, and so on. The LEDs you can buy it at eBay and many web sites, but If you plan in putting those in your cluster then I recommned you the one that has like 6 leds in a single bulb. They are much brighter than the single led bulbs.

Frank

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by LoadedLX@Aug 22 2004, 08:28 PM
hmm. last time i checked they were $100 +. if they're that cheap though, i'll just get new faces. can they be bought retail? i can't order things online (credit cards are bad bad bad) so i'd almost have to get them retail.

know of anyplace?

thanks ash.
I just installed mine yesterday and while I like the look of them, they didn't fit quite right, but they're the 120 mpg faces, and I'm going to sell them. I paid $40 after shipping, so I'd like to get at least $25 plus shipping. These will be posted in the For Sale section of the website.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
What color L.E.D would anyone recommend for like the trip meter,odometer, and the tranny gear gauge if you have the flip flop gauges?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
****'ll look like a dang Christmas tree!
True, but at least you won't fall asleep or get depressed looking at the ugly green factory numbers. Superbrights obviously sells a crapload of L.E.D's. They're backordered. DAMNIT!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts