Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im ready to tune the sable, and i just need some input on whether or not to change anything with the transmission. SHOZ123 said he would leave it the same, but i was thinking, everyone said these transmissions suck because they shift slow so if i stiffin it up with that harm the transmission or be better?

btw i have a autozone tranny cooler in the garage and im flushing the fluid this week.

any other tuning suggestions will be heard.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
For everyone else.

The shift points at wot are usually changed and so are the shift pressures. This will give a faster shift that some seem to think is too harsh. This is not to say that the tires chirp or that it snaps your neck in two. The reality is if it is a soft shift it is a slipping shift and burning up the clutches.

The shifts at lower speeds are usually left alone.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Bob, if there's anyone's advice you should take about tuning a Taurus/Sable, it's Paul's. That little voice in your head that tells you "maybe my idea is better", you should have killed a long time ago. :)

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
If you sable is a tec you might want to have that damn 30 mph area of the trans programming worked on. When I had my 05 SEL I hated when i'd floor it at 30 or 31 and it would just downshift to 2nd gear and slowly accelerate away at like 3500 rpm's out of "power band", instead of shifting to first and hauling ass away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts