Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my Taurus and one of the first things I did was swap the audio system. I bought a Pioneer radio with the matching Metra Kit, a Kicker DS 6'8 Component system for the front and Kicker DS Coaxials fro the rear. I also added a 12' Sony Subwoofer in a Sound Ordnance ported box with a Sony amp. All in all im impressed.Ive never used a component system before and I probably wont go back. Its nice hearing all the little details in music now. As for the sub I accidently bought the ported box and was a little worried about it since I like tight responsive bass but the box was well made and tuned very well so its going to stay. Hers some pics....

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Awesome setup you got there buddy, and nice to see someone from Miami/Hialeah area.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
thats a nice looking system, are you ever thinking about upgrade to alpine or kicker?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well depends on what kicker or alpibe series u r talking about... I have an Fi BTL 15" in a 4th Order on 2200RMS and that would be like telling me to upgrade to an RE MT15. Kicker is ewww anyways. Alpine is the most honest and true commercial brand that I know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thats a nice looking system, are you ever thinking about upgrade to alpine or kicker?
probably not....ive had everything from Electro Bass, Rockford Fosgate P2, Alpine Type R's, Kenwood Excelons and Kicker CVT's and the sony does enough for me. Its loud and the sound quality is good enough. I was goin to go all Kicker but there subwoofers are low power for example the kicker comps are rated at 150 rms. Honestly for the price of the Sony they cant be beat ($58)...best bang for the buck. This was intended to be a budget build from the beginning I only spent about $650 for everything including installation.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got a question about the dash kit. I had a Schoche (crap) kit, and it broke. But anyway the radio didn't sit flush like that. part of it was sticking out. Did you remove that bracket in there? My radio wouldn't go all the way back with that bracket in the back.

·
Registered
587 Posts
so that's what sun shine looks like you guys in florida got all the luck. by the way nice stero i use to use sony but it has it limitations for a good all arond budget system. if you ever think of up grade the bass or any thing like to a componet speaker give us warning so we can help ya out. any ways good looking set up also i can fell the sun threw the monitor lol'z. if you can't tell i am from the land of ice and snow lol'z

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a question about the dash kit. I had a Schoche (crap) kit, and it broke. But anyway the radio didn't sit flush like that. part of it was sticking out. Did you remove that bracket in there? My radio wouldn't go all the way back with that bracket in the back.
yeah the bracket in the back was cut out. I really dont like any of the kits. This one is cheapy feeling vs the original. and it has a shine to it that i dont like. not to mention the night lighting doesnt match either. you live and learn.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so that's what sun shine looks like you guys in florida got all the luck. by the way nice stero i use to use sony but it has it limitations for a good all arond budget system. if you ever think of up grade the bass or any thing like to a componet speaker give us warning so we can help ya out. any ways good looking set up also i can fell the sun threw the monitor lol'z. if you can't tell i am from the land of ice and snow lol'z
I agree with you on Sony products. All the products I used are new to me. Ive never used Kicker speakers or components in any of my cars and ive never used Sony subwoofers. In the past I had a 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 that had 6 Infinity Kappas with 2 12' Alpine Type R in the back. In my 1994 Corvette it was all Pioneer speakers and a Kicker shallow mount for bass. Im pretty much through with the extreme bass of the past. Although im considering a 4 channel amp so maybe you can recommend something. About that sun....yeah its nice but it rains alot here to so its not all good. Plus the humidity is a killer... But yeah its sure as heck bette than snow and ice!!!!!:coolgleam::biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
you actually paid to get that installed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice setup. Make sure you secure your investiment, alarm your car and tint your windows. You don't want to suffer the same faith as mine. Luckly I still have my radio because I walk out on the bastard, but my Valentine one is gone. Worst part was driving back home, some 40miles away on the highway with no driver side window on the coldest winter day of the year. :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
yeah the bracket in the back was cut out. I really dont like any of the kits. This one is cheapy feeling vs the original. and it has a shine to it that i dont like. not to mention the night lighting doesnt match either. you live and learn.
OH OK thanks. And trust me, this one is a MILLION times better than the Schoche one though. But I agree none of them are as good as the stock material.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice setup. Make sure you secure your investiment, alarm your car and tint your windows. You don't want to suffer the same faith as mine. Luckly I still have my radio because I walk out on the bastard, but my Valentine one is gone. Worst part was driving back home, some 40miles away on the highway with no driver side window on the coldest winter day of the year. :)

wow what a bummer. My window have been tinted 10% and Im getting an alarm this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts