Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the driver's side wheel bearing on my 2000 Taurus SE wagon. I had no issues with the ABS system prior to the wheel bearing change. Now the ABS light is lit. My scanner shows this error code: C1233, "Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Missing".

I detached the ball joint and the outer tie rod end when replacing the wheel bearing in order to gain access to the top bolt on the wheel bearing. I did not detach the speed sensor. Maybe the speed sensor got manhandled when I was maneuvering the steering knuckle and was damaged? Photos below.

Is the fix just to replace the speed sensor?

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
I would unplug and see if the resistance is good. I do not remember what it is. I had a code and I had a dead short in my '03. Could not get the old one out, had to drill it out.
-chart-

·
Registered
560 Posts
Follow the pigtail back and make sure it didn't just get unplugged

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pried on the sensor to remove it and part of it remained in the knuckle. Any ideas on how I should proceed?
IMG_20200812_133135_resize_39.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked into this further. I was able to pull out the rod that is in the center of the opening. The opening in the knuckle is still filled with plastic from the sensor. I guess it is time to start drilling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts