Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...i've been out the loop for a while...been rebuilding the engine for my 89 SC, nevertheless, I still get around to working on dad's taurus. I got tired of that [email protected] feeling because of bad motor mounts so i decided to replace all of them. I was very happy after changing the front passingers one (hell of an experience) because most of the movement and thumping was gone. The car didnt have that kick when put in D, but it still had a kick when putting into R. SO the following weekend i changed the rear passingers motor mount and the transmission mount and the 'kick' came back when shifting into D. The kick in R is mostly gone, but the engine once again moves and thumps on D. What the hell is up? In other words, the 'kick' came back (although not as hash) after replacing the passinger rear motor mount. Any suggestions? Im really dissapointed at the results of chaning ALL 3 mounts in the car...specially because its a hell of a job to do! Thanx guys

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
how do the sub frame bushings look? they could be rotted away.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the subframe bushings do look a bit worn...they have cracks...but they still look solid. Do you think this could be an issue? Thanx for your reply btw.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Shortly after I replaced the front mount on my '92, the bolt that attaches the mount to the engine block managed to loosen up and fall out. I replaced it with a Grade-8 bolt and lock washer and it hasn't been a problem since. They should really recommend Loctite or at least a lock washer for that bolt. Check it out, it could be your problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Falcon, i'll check it out...but in my case, and in the case of the front mount...its just a nut that holds the mount to the AC bracket....which is attached to the engine block. Nevertheless, i'll check that washer to make sure its in there...any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
bad mount from AZ? mind started doing the same thing this week :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts