Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a way to change the keyless entry code on your car,.I just bought an SHO with Keyless entry, and just wanted to change the code, to something I can remember.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
If you have a 96 or newer SHO w/out the Owners Manual, go to this site and select your car and go to the owners manual. Theres a page in there on the how to. Sorry, but I dont know how to on the Gen 1/2 SHO, although its probably similar to whatever is in the manual for a g3.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have a gen 2 and yes u can change the code its in the manual that came with the car if u dont ahve it or have any questions email me or ill track this thread so post or something but it is possible. my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Programing your own keyless entry code. Ford is the only one who can change the default. But you can add up to two additional codes.
Step 1. Think of a New code.
Step 2. Enter the Ford factory code.
Step 3. Press 1/2 within five seconds of entering the factory code.
Step 4. Enter the first digit of the new code within five seconds of pressing 1/2. Enter each remaining digit with in five second of the last digit entered.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Gen IVs have two possible codes- a factory default which can only be changed by the dealer, and a user programmable code.

The later needs to be programmed in. You can use it for yourself or give it to your girlfriend. Then you can change it when she see's you out with another girl and goes ballistic. (Then all you have to worry about is her trashing your ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts