Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be preforming a tune up next week on my 2002 Ford Taurus Duratec and will be replacing the pcv valve, coil pack, and UIM gasket set. I was going to purchase Autolite Iridium plugs from RockAuto but it looks like they are sold out at the moment, probably because there is a rebate on them. I also see that Champion has a rebate on their plugs.

Are Champion Iridium plugs a good choice, or should i wait for RockAuto to get more in stock.

Has anyone ever used Champion Iridium plugs?

I was able to remove the pcv valve hose by removing the throtle body over the weekend. However I was not able to remove the actual PCV valve. Hopefully with the UIM off, i will be able to get to it without too much trouble.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Haven't heard of any issues previously, but that doesn't mean there isn't.

The Autolite platinum or double platinum are all that you need though.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The Autolite Iridiums are better. I've used them they are made to be completely interchangeable where an Autolite double platinum will work well, which means they are basically designed to work in your car. The Champions on the other hand are a gamble. I have not seen anywhere that Champion made plugs meet or exceed OE specs. They might have the right gap, but the wrong heat range and displacement. I'd rather go with something I know works.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I would go with Autolite XP (iridium) also... even if on mine I have installed Bosch 4505 some 70k ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts