Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Taurus Duratec with the center shifter and the center counsle top as come off. I have fixed it before but it would break a couple of months later. Any sugestions?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (UTATaurus @ Mar 5 2009, 03:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705784
I have a 99 Taurus Duratec with the center shifter and the center counsle top as come off. I have fixed it before but it would break a couple of months later. Any sugestions?[/b]
Define "fix it"? I have the same problem with mine, I pulled the plastic cover back over and then screwed it together again. This held for about 2 months and then it got loose again. When I try to fix this again, I plan on using some high adhesive glue to stick the middle part of the cover to the lid... Hopefully that will stop it from getting loose again.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Mar 5 2009, 08:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705878
QUOTE (UTATaurus @ Mar 5 2009, 03:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705784
I have a 99 Taurus Duratec with the center shifter and the center counsle top as come off. I have fixed it before but it would break a couple of months later. Any sugestions?[/b]
Define "fix it"? I have the same problem with mine, I pulled the plastic cover back over and then screwed it together again. This held for about 2 months and then it got loose again. When I try to fix this again, I plan on using some high adhesive glue to stick the middle part of the cover to the lid... Hopefully that will stop it from getting loose again.
[/b][/quote]
You could try using a hot glue gun...my sister in law uses one for crafts (sorry no offense!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts