Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have located a center console...(99-03 style) for my'97 Bull...it noticed that it bolts on both sides to the floor with 4 bolts. My question is will I be able to bolt it up or will I have to drill new holes and if so is there a diagram?

I think I can remove the center seat belt by loosening the floor bolts and removing the belt? Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (don2775 @ Jun 5 2009, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730405
I have located a center console...(99-03 style) for my'97 Bull...it noticed that it bolts on both sides to the floor with 4 bolts. My question is will I be able to bolt it up or will I have to drill new holes and if so is there a diagram?

I think I can remove the center seat belt by loosening the floor bolts and removing the belt? Is that correct?[/b]
No new holes need to be drilled.

Pop out the bottom part of the flip fold (I believe G3s have a tray there). Remove the 4 bolts from there. Remove the seatbelt buckle and seat belt out from behind the elastic bands and take the flip fold out.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jun 5 2009, 05:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730421
QUOTE (don2775 @ Jun 5 2009, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730405

I think I can remove the center seat belt by loosening the floor bolts and removing the belt? Is that correct?[/b]
No new holes need to be drilled.

Pop out the bottom part of the flip fold (I believe G3s have a tray there). Remove the 4 bolts from there. Remove the seatbelt buckle and seat belt out from behind the elastic bands and take the flip fold out.
[/b][/quote]

I think I got it...the seat belt is held on with the bolts under the console, which also hold the console in? and the holes already exist for the '99 console.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts