Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through Ebay today looking at Tauruses... I stumbled across this one ( I know its a ebay site ) Take a look at his console... its a column shift but he added a floor shift console, took out the shifter and added some cup holders... i have never seen this done before just thought it was different and could share it with everyone. Maybe you column shift guys out there could take this idea and make a nice little mod. enjoy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Ford-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
There are a couple people on here who have gone a couple steps further and have a working floor shifter in place. They also have blanked out the old column shifter.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a column shifter car, and i added a center console. I opted not to change over to the floor shifter and instead used to hole as a cup holder. As of right now its just a hole, but soon i am planning on actually building a real cup holder into the space.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is exactly what I plan to do on the wagon. I already have the console, I just have to figure out what I want to do with the shifter hole. Since the console already has cup holders, I think I might try to make a small, lockable compartment.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Franken Taurus.... I personally don't like the console with the big gaping hole where the shifter is supposed to be...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea just thought i could share my find.. seems to be more people out there doing that.. its pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Franken Taurus.... I personally don't like the console with the big gaping hole where the shifter is supposed to be...
[/b]

You could fill it up with paper clips and pennies.

Mike
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

You could fill it up with paper clips and pennies.

Mike
:thumb:
[/b][/quote]

I have a strict no food policy in my car and there are no tolls in Ontario... Therefore, there is no source of change in my car! I'm not sure why anyone would have lots of paper clips in there car?

I'd go all the way and do the column to console shift swap...

·
Registered
205 Posts
i also thought about just mounting a flat piece of plastic under the hole so that it basically turns into a tray that you could put a nonslip thing in to hold a cell phone or MP3 player. since the power port is in the dash, this "tray" idea would be in a prime position to set the phone, and keep it real close to the Bluetooth stereo im gonna put in. I have lots of ideas for ways to make this hole useful, unfortunately im very indecisive, so who knows when i will pick the right idea for me to do lol.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Just use the column-shift console from late-gen-3/early-gen-4 cars.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (don2775 @ Mar 3 2009, 07:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704907
QUOTE (sfhess @ Feb 5 2009, 04:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=699226
Just use the column-shift console from late-gen-3/early-gen-4 cars.[/b]

I didn't know there was such a thing..can you show me pics..or tell me where to look for one! I would LOVE to do that mod !!!!
[/b][/quote]
Check this LX out: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...ar_id=258698736

You'll find them in 1998-2001 Tauruses, usually very basic ones like an LX or an SE.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Mar 3 2009, 02:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705040
QUOTE (don2775 @ Mar 3 2009, 07:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704907
QUOTE (sfhess @ Feb 5 2009, 04:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=699226
Just use the column-shift console from late-gen-3/early-gen-4 cars.[/b]

I didn't know there was such a thing..can you show me pics..or tell me where to look for one! I would LOVE to do that mod !!!!
[/b][/quote]
Check this LX out: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...ar_id=258698736

You'll find them in 1998-2001 Tauruses, usually very basic ones like an LX or an SE.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the pic's, and ..I will be looking in my local J/Y for one!!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I have a strict no food policy in my car and there are no tolls in Ontario... Therefore, there is no source of change in my car! I'm not sure why anyone would have lots of paper clips in there car?

I'd go all the way and do the column to console shift swap...[/b]
I thought the LINK was tolled....maybe just by plate No. eh? You don't cross the border either apparently, or have to pay meter parking.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts