1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,012 Posts
That's not a Centennial. No Centennial had a trim marking. It just said "TAURUS" on the back, not TAURUS SEL.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Looks like a loaded SEL Premium (power passenger seat with leather and it probably also has side air bags) with the wood package. :)

FAHP in vin, H denotes side air bags.

I'd be wondering why it doesn't have the duratec badges on the fenders, maybe a repair done??

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Yep, that is just an upscale 2003 SEL. Has a factory spoiler (without third brake light in rear window), has straight woodgrain instead of Centennial burlwood, and of course typical SEL wheels.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Weird....link didn't work on mobile but it does on my laptop. I'd be worried about why there's no DOHC badges, as well as paint splatter (?) on the door sticker. Otherwise it's a very nice and very well-optioned SEL.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Weird....link didn't work on mobile but it does on my laptop. I'd be worried about why there's no DOHC badges, as well as paint splatter (?) on the door sticker. Otherwise it's a very nice and very well-optioned SEL.
It's obviously been in an accident enough for them to replace the fender and repaint the door and fender. If not the whole front end. :p

If it didn't have signs of a previous accident, it's a nice SEL...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
To be fair, my car was a prior salvage. A couple front end things were replaced. Headlight, maybe the driver's side front fender, but it's still a good car. It had a few problems when I got it, but very little of it had to do with the fact that it was a prior salvage.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Even cars that were previous rentals seem to get a bad rep, but mine was a previous rental and it has been very reliable.

But I agree, just because there is a salvage title or evidence of an accident, it doesn't mean it was a bad car. My car is excellent.. previous rental and got smashed up two months ago. Can't tell now.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,012 Posts
Even cars that were previous rentals seem to get a bad rep, but mine was a previous rental and it has been very reliable.

But I agree, just because there is a salvage title or evidence of an accident, it doesn't mean it was a bad car. My car is excellent.. previous rental and got smashed up two months ago. Can't tell now.
Your car would scare me. I'd look at the build sheet and go "what? Ford may make mistakes, but they wouldn't make that many mistakes." So I'd stay away lol.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

Of course, knowing exactly what happened to make it a prior salvage title, along with the repair sheets, never hurt anybody either.

I bought the car not knowing *anything* about what happened, how/where it was fixed, what the service history was....I took a gamble. I think, for the most part, it was worth it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
A reason I wouldn't buy a rental car is because the people who drive it beat the engine to death. They abuse it since it's not theirs. And rental companies may not always keep up with maintenance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts