Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got the headlight mod done and got the car tinted! 25% on the sides and 15% on the back. sorry the car is so dirty and for the crappy cell phone pictures. ill wash it this week and post some better pictures

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Wheres the reflector??
[/b]
THAT's why it looked so different!!!! I couldn't figure it out.

I really like it without the reflector, especially on your car.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Wheres the reflector??
[/b]
THAT's why it looked so different!!!! I couldn't figure it out.

I really like it without the reflector, especially on your car.
[/b][/quote]

Haha yeah, I noticed it right off the bat. But.... In some states that illegal as hell. Id would have at least made a clear one to pop in there. Or nightshade the reflector. Either way looks clean.

-Kurk

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Texas Transportation Code
>Title 7. Vehicles and Traffic
>>Subtitle C. Rules of the Road
>>>Chapter 547. Vehicle Equipment
>>>>Subchapter E. General Lighting Requirements for Vehicles

Section 547.325. Reflectors Required:

(a ) Except as provided by Subchapter F, a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer shall be equipped with at least two red reflectors on the rear of the vehicle. A red reflector may be included as a part of a taillamp.
(B ) A reflector shall be:
(1 ) mounted at a height from 15 to 60 inches; and
(2 ) visible at night at all distances:
(A ) from 100 to 600 feet when directly in front of lawful lower beams of headlamps; or
(B ) from 100 to 350 feet when directly in front of lawful upper beams of headlamps if the vehicle was manufactured or assembled before January 1, 1972.
[/b]

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you guys. without the reflector it is much more aggresive looking from the front. there is actually a topic about it. they got deformed during the cooking phase so i couldnt re use them but after some research it was found that only legal reflectors needed in texas are in the back. im waiting on my tax return to get rims. gonna probably order some msr 190's in gray. what do you guys think? also what would be a good tire size for the rims. they are 17 x 7. keep in mind ill be lowering the car later on

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Hottttt!!!! Now come to a Houston meet! :p

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i actually plan to when I save up some good vacation time for work. I would love to meet and hangout with all of you guys! always sounds like the meets are a blast

·
Premium Member
168 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You can never go wrong with tint on a black car!!! looks good! Did you follow the centennial mod guide by a23dranger?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts