Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say I am a newbie so If I post something in the wrong spot I apologize...

I saw a Centennial Editon Taurus ( 2003 ) the other day and it looked like the headlamps where shaded black ( instead of the basic chrome look on all other Taurus ) I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if so does anyone know where to get them ??

Thanks,

Ed

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Yeah the centennial edition came with blacked-out headlamps. There are like 2 or 3 members here who have them. You can make them yourself VERY easily or you can get them from Ford for around $150 each.

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
You have to remove the headlights...which there are instructions for this in your owners manual.

You need to heat up the glue on your headlights. Either use a heat gun or put them in the oven. I put mine in the oven at the highest setting for about 2 minutes at a time. The glue dries REALLY fast so you need to hurry and use a knive or equivilent to get rid of the glue. Keep doing this until ALL of the glue is removed and the plastic clear piece pulls apart from the housing. There will be a chrome piece inside that is the part that is painted black on the Centennials. Get some fine grit sand paper and rough up the chrome. Paint glossy black. Re glue headlights. Your done!

-Kyle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts