Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever get telemarketers calling your cell phone? I have, and I've been getting a lot of "missed calls" from people/businesses I don't even know. It's absolutely frustrating because I expect it to be someone I know when my cell phone rings. And I'm really starting to wonder how these companies are getting my number...

N

·
0 Posts
about once a month I get a call from a home improvement and roofing company, It's really anoying. Plus I get alot of strange calls from people cause last year before we left for norwalk I left my cell number duct taped to alight pole in the Tim Hortons parking lot by my house. We were supposed to meet Alex " Twilight" but he never showed so we left, but i left my cell # up there just incase he showed up he can call me. Turns out he was already down in Norwalk, so now cause of that I get 4-5 calls per day/night from people I don't know <_< . THanks Alex

X

·
0 Posts
fyi, its illegal for them to call you on your cell phone, unless it is your only phone number.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by UnDeR EsTiMaTeD@Feb 17 2004, 02:10 PM
Do you ever get telemarketers calling your cell phone? I have, and I've been getting a lot of "missed calls" from people/businesses I don't even know. It's absolutely frustrating because I expect it to be someone I know when my cell phone rings. And I'm really starting to wonder how these companies are getting my number...
you probably gave your cell number when you signed up for some internet website service like half.com or some other "Free" web-based services (like e-mail, etc) they can easily share your info. NEVER give your cell number to any of these people, because they will call you up and waste your cell time. Just make up any old number (WITH THE SAME AREA CODE as your Zip Code) and the website usually wont check. Here is a good one "(your area code)-123-4567"

I know it sounds silly but it Usually works...heck it can save you some cell time.

·
Registered
887 Posts
hmmm, I have gotten a couple of calls from an area code that turns out to be from Oklahoma (I live in Cincinnait and don't know anyone or any businesses in Oklahoma)...maybe they're just wrong numbers but they were both missed calls, so I didn't get to talk to them...

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have a nextel and i get wrong numbers all the time even on my stupid two way

one time this chick called my cell phone and my wife answered and the chick asked to speak to sean but I wasnt the sean she was calling for got me in all kinds of chaos

dammmmmm nextel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts