Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I don't think the results are really applicable to driving.

When you're driving, you don't know you are going to have to brake hard to save your life. When you're doing a little test by pressing a button, you know you have to press the button so you're anticipating it. Not the case while driving, you don't drive around all the time anticipating an accident.

Reaction time is meaningless when you're on a cell phone. The problem is first it takes one of your hands away from the wheel so if you need to do an emergency swerve your hand is not available. And second, people involved in their conversation are often not paying enough attention to the road and remembering to frequently check all their mirrors and stay aware and alert. Countless times I have been cut off by idiots driving and yacking on their phones because they are simply not paying attention to anything around their SUV.

J

·
0 Posts
People don't usually like to talk to me on the phone whem I'm in the car because I put 99.9% of my attention on the road and the remaining .1% into the phone call. I constantly tune out the phone if I get into a congested area where I have to be alert, then I have to ask people to repeat what they're saying because I tuned out the phone, lol. I guess that's definitely better than it working the other way around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts