Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2002 Taurus SES. The previous owner said that it had a six disc in dash CD player. It has a CD player, but I can't figure out how it is possible to load more then one disc in it. I bought the car of ebay and did not get a owners manual with it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Is there any way you could take a picture of the faceplate?

You could also look online for a copy of the owner's manual. Try using google to search for one. You might also be able to find a copy on ebay.

Also, welcome to the club...

JR

**Edit** 500th Post!

·
Registered
712 Posts
If your car has a 6 disk changer, it would be in the trunk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine looked like it could load in dash 6 disk, but that’s not it at all...
It has a button called I tune and on top it says 1-6 disk,
But I tried everything; I used to work for a car audio shop... I even went there and had them check it out, nothing.... but I did order a manual off ebay for 5$. I’m waiting on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the trunk etc. etc. The guy that sold it was not real knowledgeable about the car...I think he saw the 1-6 disc on the CD player and assumed that it was a stack type player. I down loaded the owners manual of the Ford site it says in the trunk, glove box. I am now sure that from what you have all said that this is just a standard CD player...I do not understand why Ford has the 1-6 disc switch on the player...oh well, I still like the car. I will say this it is sure a high revving little engine, I have the 200 HP, I noticed that there is no red line on the tach, is the engine rev limited? Or does it just run right up to 10,000 RPM;-)
Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
02 Taurus CD changers are in the center console (if you have that) or in the trunk (if you have column shift). They are not in the dash like other Ford models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts