Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious as to what CD Changers will work in my Taurus. I might be able to have a working CD Changer out of a 97 Explorer, from a friend of a friend. Any pictures that could help me out, or any info I may need. I know for sure I would need the mounting brackets but thats not important, just information on if it will or wont work, and where to look to see if I have the wiring needed.

Thanks,
Nick Saturday

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok this is what i did on my 2000, which has the same radio as a 98 i think. The radio tuner and amp are in the back left wheel well in the trunk. I went to circuit city got a 10 sony mp3 charger and a soundgate Interface cable and a sony to ford cd charger interface. Togerther without the charger the cables cost about $80 The box says it will work on 1995 factory radios that are in the trunk. The only thing is when you have a mp3 cd in it and u r on song 100 plus it show only last 2 digits on the display(song 135 it show 35). It works with all of the factory buttons on the radio.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The explorer changer will work as long as you have the cable. I pulled(stole) the explorer changer from a local junk yard here and paid $53.00 for the OEM cable. Works great. I had to mount mine vertical to the floor of the trunk with the opening pointing towards the rear rather than up.(kept gettign an error message any other way) So I just used the stock explorer brackets and cut them a little and custom mounted it to the side of my trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I found the cd changer on the site, Thanks Ibanez! Its $250 but out of stock
looks good, I'm probably gonna go with this when its in stock!

Thanks guys

Nick Saturday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts