Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to play CD's on my '97 OEM 6-disk changer for quite some time and have just replaced the dash head-unit in hopes to resolve the issues, as everything seems intact without any water damage anywhere. However, the changer will not eject the cartridge, so I have to use a paper-clip to eject it manually. When I press CD on the radio without the cartridge in it, I get CDE, but when it's in it, it reads NO for CD and for Cassette. I see there's a Control Unit ahead of the changer in the trunk and wonder if that could be the culprit.
BTW, the Cassette would act like there was a tape in it from time to time, but that seems to have stopped.
Any ideas out there?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Hey there, welcome to the club!

You'll find many knowledgable people on there, but first you must post your question in the right area, why not try to give the section Electronics, Security, Audio and Visual a try!

Jesse

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Well since nobody else is replying...

I really don't know anything about CD changers, i had one, and i removed it from my car..and thats the extent of it..

Id say if the unit itself wont eject the CD, the chances are it's no good and that is why you are getting an error..is there a way you can try another one that you KNOW works properly??? I dont know what else to tell you!

I reccomend putting an aftermarket CD Player in the dash anyways, the sound quality improvement will amaze you!

Jesse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts