Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I gotta 97 Taurus LX with the MACH sound system and the 6 disc changer in the trunk (stupid place for a cd changer...anyway). Every time I go into a sharp turn my player skips. Tried several different, all brand new cd's and they all do the same thing.

The mounting and surrounding case is tight, but the piece that ejects the cd holder is loose...it moves back and forth approx. 3 inches.

Is it being loose that's causing it? If so, how do I tighten it? If not, any ideas? You guys have been great help so far and your input is always appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
The place where the CD cassette comes out is the actual player. It is suspended from the outer case on rubber shock mounts. If you have 3" of play, it has come loose from the mounts, or the mounts have torn. Unfortunately, I have not taken pictures any of the times I've disassembled it. It's not hard, but there are a whole bunch of little tiny screws.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. The part that ejects the CD Cassette is the part that's really really loose. It can be tightened? I can tinker around with it and find out how to get to it, but I didn't wanna take it apart if there was nothing I could do to fix it or if this was a common problem that had zilch to do with the cd changer. Thanks for the info...I'll take it apart and see what there is to see.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Mine was loose because I took it apart to fix another problem, but didn't get the shock mounts reassembled correctly. The original problem was fixed, but then it started skipping.

AFAIK, it's not a "known" problem with the CD changer, but from the symptoms you describe, it sounds like the mounts are disconnected.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
my friends mom has a 2001 sable ls and it has the 6 cd changer installed one side of the car works the other side doesnt if u turn the speakers to the side that doesnt work theres static do u guys know whats wrong with it maybe a wire loose or something? the radio is fine and so isnt the tape deck

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts