Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so pertaining to my earlier post...i changed the battery and the cd changer quit working. tried to load up, displayed CDE 1 and then kicked to radio. also, the cassette that held the cd's wouldn't eject.

i found out what was wrong. aparently, i had CD 2 loaded when i unhooked the old battery. so when i got the new one in and kicked the cd player on, it tried to load CD 1 without bothering to eject CD 2.

so now i have a jam. i'm confident i can fix it once i get the changer unmounted from the car. my question is, how do i do that? does anyone know of a step by step guide, or has anyone that's done it before give me a rundown on how to do it? i have a minor background in electronics, so i think i can take the changer apart and unjam the discs. any, and i mean any, help would be greatly appreciated. the radio stations in southeastern ohio suck, so i neeeeeed my changer.

thanks.

EDIT: oh yeah, 97 taurus lx, factory installed mach audio cd changer, 6 disk, in trunk.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
pull the carpet back and remove the 4 8mm bolts. Once you remove the carpet, its very self explanitory....

Brad

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a bunch. i just did what i should have done to begin with... i did a search on the audio/visual forum. found it in there.

thanks though, for the confirmation. it's nice to have one with such experience replying to my insignificant little threads :)

thanks again.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. so its not 4 8mm bolts. at least, mine wasn't. i removed three 7mm bolts and the changer popped right out. took it apart, unjammed the damn cd, plugged it up, ejected the cassette, then unplugged it and put everything back together.

took about an hour. thanks again brad, for the simple instructions. i have a tendancy to over-analyze things, making them harder than they have to be.

two good rules to live by, though.

1.) Don't eat yellow snow.

2.) Remove your CD changer cassette BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE you replace/unhook your battery.

thanks again for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts