Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 6 disc cd changer form the junkyard without a magazine. Not sure if it works but it seems like it would because I can hear it power up and try to eject the magazine when the eject button is pushed even though I don't have a magazine. With this new Ipod interface I cannot use the changer anyways. I don't want to post in the for sale forum because I don't really want any money for the changer just though I might be able to help someone out. Oh yeah I have a 1998 se and the changer has an orange eject button.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
QUOTE (ozanif @ Mar 3 2009, 10:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705190
I just bought a 6 disc cd changer form the junkyard without a magazine. Not sure if it works but it seems like it would because I can hear it power up and try to eject the magazine when the eject button is pushed even though I don't have a magazine. With this new Ipod interface I cannot use the changer anyways. I don't want to post in the for sale forum because I don't really want any money for the changer just though I might be able to help someone out. Oh yeah I have a 1998 se and the changer has an orange eject button.[/b]
I'll take it..I can use a backup for my '97. I need the correct brackets anyway. PM me..We'll talk!!!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Letting someone that doesn't have one to begin with might be nicer than taking it just as a backup... That's my two cents though...

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I don't have a changer - if don2775 doesn't take it, I will. :)

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Jim, with your gen 4 you'll have to jury rig the gen 3 player in your trunk.
The gen 3 player is about 1 1/2 inches longer than the gen 4 unit and the rear bracket won't fit correctly. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[attachment=28765:DSCN8573.JPG]
A brand called USA SPEC, about $150 after online coupon. Easy to install and I can access the music on my Ipod from my factory headunit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Mar 3 2009, 11:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705214
Letting someone that doesn't have one to begin with might be nicer than taking it just as a backup... That's my two cents though...[/b]

You're right to let someone else have it who doesn't...but if there are no takers ..I wouldn't mind.

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (piff1392 @ Mar 5 2009, 09:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705905
QUOTE (ozanif @ Mar 5 2009, 06:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705841
[attachment=28765:DSCN8573.JPG]
A brand called USA SPEC, about $150 after online coupon. Easy to install and I can access the music on my Ipod from my factory headunit.[/b]

alright thanks, ya thats exactly what i wanted, where do u plug it into, the cd changer port?
[/b][/quote]

It depends upon what year Taurus you have but for my '99 Wagon the provided harness plugs into the RCU in the rear and I had to purchase an extension cable so, I could actually place the unit up front. The unit is so tiny I ultimately put it behind the head unit and stuck it to the top of the ash tray assembly.

I got the kit for $99 + 10 shipping from savinglots and the extension cable was $30 and it came from Crutchfield.

The thing works great! It offers the option of playing predetermined playlists or direct control from your iPod. I prefer the direct control personally. I just set the iPod to shuffle and I advance tracks with the radio's seek button.

Also... One of the best parts I think is the fact that in direct mode you can also plug your iPhone in and listen to any of it's streaming apps like Pandora and AOL Radio over the factory system.

Oh.. and it also offers a Aux input in the form of RCA ports on the box itself. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts