Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have searched but have not found what I am looking for so I will ask.

I got a CD changer for my 02 Taurus. I got a set off of EBay that had the changer, cable and a couple of L brackets for mounting.

Looking through the forums here it looks like it should mount on the driver's side. When I look behind the trunk carpet, I do not see anything that is obviously a place to mount the changer. (I am wanting to see two sets of holes for the nuts that the bracket would screw into.

Maybe I am just not looking in the correct place? Maybe these have to be drilled out?

What I am hopping for is that someone has a pic with an X on it saying "Bolt Here!"

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. My Taurus has 192K on it. It has the original engine, but the tranny had a rebuild a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
It goes behind the wheel well at the back on the drivers side, should be some slots and holes there near the antenna. Try holding up the changer and mount, might be able to figure it out that way. Wil try to find pics..my gen3 mounts the same way. look in my garage, there is a pic of where it mounts, might help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The pic in your garage does help. I will look again once I have the Taurus and the CD changer all in the same place.

In a related question, is the box that holds the CDs part of the liner, or is it a seperate piece?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I expressed myself badly. I am not talking about the CD magazine.

In Don's garage there is an image of the CD changer with the lid open.
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=popup&image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.taurusclub.com%2Fforum%2Fvbgarage.php%3Fdo%3Dgetimage&id=6933

Against the wall fartest from the point of view is the CD changer proper. In front of that is a box with slots to hold CD Jewel cases. This box has a lid which the pic shows open. It looks like the lid covers the CD changer and the CD case storage area when it is closed.

I don't have the box that holds the CD cases. I have just the CD changer. (And CD magazine and bracket and cable.)

So I am wondering if the box is permanently attached to the liner or if it is seperate.

Did that make it clear?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
It is attached to the liner.
The Taurus trunk cd changers came with a specially formed trunk trim that fit around the changer, which included the flip cover box to hold cd's. :)

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I mounted the changer in the center under the package tray in my 2000 and 2004 LXs...

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Maybe this will help:

[/ATTACH]

Sorry, its the best picture I could find.
Here's a pic of the trunk trim too.

Do you have the silver metal brackets or the black brackets that are 90 degree angled?

You need the silver type brackets to do the pictured mount.
If you have the black ones, you'll have to drill holes and mount it under the package tray.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm,

I have the black brackets with the 90 degree turn. That explains why I can't find the right holes. The silver brackets obviously (when you can see them) go in a different place!

Anybody have a set of silver brackets such as are in the pic?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Unfortunately, I only see those for sale with the changer. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts