Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 02 SEL and. i don't have the cd changer magazine.
my cd changer is 1F1T-18C830-AA.
i looked on ebay but i found no direct link to the cd changer part....
anyone with this model cd changer care to tell me the part number for the magazine?

i found 1F1F-18C833-AA and 1F1F-18C830-AB on ebay but on the description it doesn't say it's related to my cd-changer model, it actualy doesn't say anything.

help! the auctions end in 2 days!
thanks..... and also i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy need some music on my car..
thanks...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't know if this will be any help, but my '04 SEL has an armrest vertically mounted 6-CD changer. The magazine I have is:

3F1T-18C833-AA

The changer is mounted into the console, and I couldn't see a part number. Hope it sorta helps...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doo-Bee-Doo! Our numbers match! If 02SEL doesn't want it, I may buy it for a spare!!! :lol2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
No, mine is a black changer. I'd check it further, but, well, I kinda don't want to disassemble my armerst. :lol2:

If you get it and it doesn't work, let me know...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it was kind of a pain.. had to remove the black thing and then 4 screws to take it out......
i appreciate the help though.... mine is light gray...... i'll take a pic tomorrow, and try calling the dealer unless 00tec-saTX knows it works and will sell it
thanks for everyones help

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
<strike>All G4 changers, regardless of trunk mounting or arm rest mounting, have the same changer, and thus the same magazine.</strike> Nope I'm wrong. See below.

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
All G4 changers, regardless of trunk mounting or arm rest mounting, have the same changer, and thus the same magazine. [/b]
Nick to the rescue!!!!! :lol:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Nick, sorry to burst your bubble. :(

The 01 and 03 changers are a bit different.
The magazines from 01 and 03 are not interchangable.
I have an 01 and 03 changer, I should know. :)
01= F8VF 18C833 AE
03= 3F1T 18C833 AA

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nick, sorry to burst your bubble. :(

The 01 and 03 changers are a bit different.
The magazines from 01 and 03 are not interchangable.
I have an 01 and 03 changer, I should know. :)
01= F8VF 18C833 AE
03= 3F1T 18C833 AA
[/b]
Ford switched the changer again. :huh: eBay listing said differently...why do I bother checking them :rolleyes:

So we have the 96-99, 00-02, 03-07 changer?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
duraSEL : is your changer a light gray one? in the armrest, with no letters on the cover except the CD logo on the bottom right side???
do you know the part number for your Changer????
thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just wanted to let you know
i called the dealer..

they said. on 2002 they changed the changer.
02's made after march 02, the part number for the magazine should be 3F1T-18C833-AA
02's made before march 02, the part number for the magazine should be F8BE-18C833-AA
i'm pretty sure i got the first letters wrong on the second one, cause i searched google and couldn't find any reference.. but it should be similar to F8BE or something like that..

not sure if the dealer was right or not
but that's what he said.....
in case anyone wants the info...

BTW 00tec-saTX: i sent you a PM....
thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bad CD??

I have a 96 SHO with the 6 disc changer in the trunk. When I press the CD button it just says BAD CD. The CD's are good. Do I need a new changer or what?? I would love to get this fixed!! Thanks...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 96 SHO with the 6 disc changer in the trunk. When I press the CD button it just says BAD CD. The CD's are good. Do I need a new changer or what?? I would love to get this fixed!! Thanks...
might just need to run a cleaner disc through the system. sometimes the laser head gets dirty and cant properly read the cd.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
ttaurus
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing