Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 SE with the climate/cassette as one unit.The car does not have a cd player option which i really would like to add to the car

so what is the easier and cheaper way to go about this operation.even though i am eletrical engineer the 4-5 F weather limits a long install

i do not want to use a casette adaptor with a cd player .. so any suggestions
how are the RF modulatoe cd chnager are they easy to connect

the car has cd changer functions but not sure on for what purpose?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I wouldn't go with an rf modulator, the sound quality will not be as good as a direct connection. Since you have changer controls already, you could add a Ford or Ford-compatible changer quite easily, but these tend to be expensive (around $300 or so I think). Th other option is to get a kit to replace your current climate/cassette unit. This is what I would do, since the stock unit is really not that great.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
With the RFs you are limited to radio quality even playing CDs. If you don't mind radio quality or just plan on running a stock system, it's not a bad choice and easy to install. I didn't like my RF changer too much though, but that's because it was a cheap Walmart brand that broke on me all the time.

Where are you planning to go with the system?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I would have to say that a new HU would be by far the best SQ setup. the frequency range of a stock HU is not nearly as good as an aftermarket changer, so no matter how you connect the two, you are still imited with SQ. for $300 (the cost of a changer that will plug-and-play), you can get a nice HU that will play mp3's and faceplate adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts