Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I am trying to track down a problem with my 2002 Vulcan throwing a P1633 code. This has to do with the Keep alive memory. From what I can tell that power is broght to the PCM via PIN 55 from the CCRM (correct me if I'm wrong). However I can't find the CCRM. In the Haynes book they only say where its located in a 1996-1997 model (this book is all but completely worthless). I can find it for my 97, but its not in the same place on this one. They have a box with 2 relays instead, which look like they might be for the headlights.

Anyway if someone could lead me in the right direction. Also if anyone has a pinout for the 2002 if its any different from the 97?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay I think I read somewhere that this car does not have a CCRM anymore. Does anyone have some schematics of the wiring to the PCM?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I have tried to track down the wire to the fuse box. I believe I tracked it down to this relay (K163):

However, when I attempt to test the connection I get nothing at all.. I am sure I have the right wire at the PCM connector, just not totally sure this is the right relay. Either way I am not getting any power to ground from PIN 55 on the connector. Any good way to test a break in the wire other than bypassing it with a new wire?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
There is a ten amp fuse in the battery junction box that is hot at all times and feeds the PCM it's KAM power.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just replaced mine, its on the side of the intake.....

ONLY 96-97's have a CCRM, after that they ditched them

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a ten amp fuse in the battery junction box that is hot at all times and feeds the PCM it's KAM power.
[/b]
Any idea which 10 amp fuse? There are a lot and I am not finding anything showing a 10amp going to the PCM yet.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I figured out it was the 10 amp located at F1.22 PCM/AC Clutch relay.

Heheh.. Now I'm getting a new code! :p

P1336 CKP or CMP eratic sensor input.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I would be looking at the connector that is under the intake hose, the square one. Sounds like corrosion issues on multiple things?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts