Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the other day i was looking under the rear of my car at the holes in my mufflers and noiticed that there was so black honeycomb peices comeing out of the holes in the muffler. i was wondering if it could be from the cats blowing out the stuff that was in the cats or what as soon as i get my cam i will take a pic of the stuff coming out

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Yup, at least one of your cats took a dump. Mom's old toyota blew chunks like that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i like how they are laughing in the vid, "it is getting all the **** out" like it is funny to wast money and prolly doing serious damage to the car. oh well, not my car

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
due to the rising prices of platinum and palladium, they have been making cats as cheap as possible, so thinner and thinner elements, which doesnt do sbo well with alot of pressure.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
That CTS vid is too funny :) Reminds me of why I rodded out the cat on my 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe...... 24 psi boost 3" down pipe, and straight pipes and a cat dont mix well :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
the other day i went to take out my car and it started to rev louder then usual nd then i looked under the car and i noticed that the flex pipe was hanging and was disconnectted.. now i have to replace the flex pipe and i cant seem to find another one.. its a 93 taurus gl.. any suggestions?
-Joe

·
Registered
678 Posts
the other day i went to take out my car and it started to rev louder then usual nd then i looked under the car and i noticed that the flex pipe was hanging and was disconnectted.. now i have to replace the flex pipe and i cant seem to find another one.. its a 93 taurus gl.. any suggestions?
-Joe
[/b]
Oh no, your screwed. You might as well sell your car..... :)

Go to murrays, autozone, advanced auto.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
-Joe
[/b]

Take it to an exhaust shop and they can fix it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts