Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i installed my catless Y-Pipe today. Got it from Jarod (sable rider) , cleaned it up and painted it.

Its installed on the car but i need to still get a bolt to replace one i stripped. So as of right now, i have a bad exhaust leak. Pretty sure this was the only working model that Duratec Performance made.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Nice, hope it works for ya. I remember dylans attempt. :(

-Damon

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Why did Jarod end up getting rid of it? Just curious his car sounded mean. It's a general rule that whatever car has that on it I can beat so beware...

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jarods car was wicked slow...mainly cause itwas a 96'. He also had IMRC issues, putting him into the vulcan timeslip range. He no longer owns his sable, he just traded it for a new car. I will not tell anything about it as im sure he will want to post about it. All i can say is its sweet (his car)!

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Ahhh I hope he aquired what we got to ride in that one time.... I'm not sayin' your car is slow... I'm just lettin' you know..... ;)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Pepsione@Jun 1 2004, 07:51 PM
Anyone know if their ever going to make more of those?
I had spoken with one of the guys that got one of the 3 that didn't work (only 4 were created, 1 worked) and he speculated that later this year after they finished the CAI and another project they were working on that they would get back to fixing the design and selling them again.

I tried to call Draxas today to verify this but there is a recording on their answering machine saying that they be out of the office today until friday. I'll try back next week.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Kermit@Jun 1 2004, 07:24 PM
Just tryin' to start a friendly rivalry for the fastest duratec.
Ok...i get the point....you think your fast. Im sure you are. There are plenty of cars that are faster than me even with my mods.

Ill endulge you....hmmm....ok....whats your quarter <_< ? if you want to start a debate about the fastest duratec...im not gonna be the one to do it with.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
draxas will probbaly do a custom y-pipe and headers. they will be equal length, so they will have to be purchased together, and will not work with the stock setup. Thats the word on the street...nto sure how true it is.

Brad

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Jun 1 2004, 06:24 PM
Well the rivaler sounds like an alright idea. Some may and may not like that idea. You figure their would be a section saying what each members Taurus or Sable can do in the quarter, or 0-60 or braking from 100-0 and other things like that. I've been waiting to do a skid pad to see what kind of G's I can get.

Honestly though, I don't think you'll win the fastest Duratec, not the mods you've listsed in the garage. All you need is n2o and you'll be one of probably the top 3 fastest Duratecs here.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by D Man+Jun 2 2004, 04:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D Man @ Jun 2 2004, 04:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kermit@Jun 1 2004, 06:24 PM
Well the rivaler sounds like an alright idea. Some may and may not like that idea. You figure their would be a section saying what each members Taurus or Sable can do in the quarter, or 0-60 or braking from 100-0 and other things like that. I've been waiting to do a skid pad to see what kind of G's I can get.

Honestly though, I don't think you'll win the fastest Duratec, not the mods you've listsed in the garage. All you need is n2o and you'll be one of probably the top 3 fastest Duratecs here. [/b][/quote]
I'd like to see the fastest N/A Duratec. Venom's running low 15's N/A.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'd like to see it too.

But untill eveyone who's actually doing performance things to their Duratec's runs a 1/4 mile or everyone lines up, we'll probably never truly know.

I know I need to get my a** to a 1/4 miles stip. I never even done one before.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Glad you finally got it installed Brad. At least it sounds like the install went smoother and most importantly quicker than removing it from Jarod's car! :D

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its in...the raspyness if because of the lack of cats. I have noticed that all my cars are wicked fast for the first 30 seec to 1 min untill the car warms up, then seems more slugish. The y-pipe has seemed to cure that. Dont know why, but the car def has a little more edge in the high end. I was skeptical at first about any ains, but the BUTT dyno seems to think it was worth it. Im gonna go the the drag strip as soon as i can.

Dylan, you should come to the drag strip by my house sometime. Id be fun!

Brad

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Computer might still think it's cold and adjust accordingly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts