Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I talked to the body shop today and told them that I picked up a bumper from a 99 Taurus that I want painted to match my car and that I also wanted to bring the skirts in to be painted as well. (I get the labor free and have to buy the supplies. The inmates at the prison are painting it.)

They have already painted the hood and roof. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know cuz that is just how good of a job they do. The hood and roof were rusting when I got this car. (It was from up north, so rust has been a big issue.) I brought the car to them and everywhere they found rust, they painted, but the roof and hood were the biggest issues.

The only thing is that you are put on a waiting list. Any state employee can request to get their stuff painted. Right now LSU has 40 trucks lined up to be painted! :(

So, in late July, the Blue Bull will no longer look like a catfish!

And my 1978 F250 will be painted!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bumper is on the car. I picked it up and put it on this evening. The spoiler is supposed to be ready on Monday, but I have a test Monday afternoon so it might be later next week before I get the spoiler on. No more catfish car!

Before:

The two bumpers side on side:

New (1998 bumper) that I had painted. (Pulled from junkyard):

After:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
It looks great. I wanted to do that on my car but....

Though, is it just me or does the color seem to be slightly different. I know it would never be exact but it looks a bit off.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a closer look today in the sunlight. The color is really close. The bumper is glossier, I guess due to more clear ??? Anyway, the spoiler will be the same color. I'll be able to tell more when I wash the car. I have to wait about a month for the paint to cure. (The car was dirty, the bumper is clean.) I'll get more pics after the paint is cured & I can wash it.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts