Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That would be the one in the black bottle - not the extended performance variant. This has given me a significant increase in throttle response and acceleration using this vs. Pennzoil Platinum or Motorcraft. Using the WIX XP filter.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,026 Posts
I'm sure it also gave you an extra 10MPG.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The newest oil is API rated "SN plus" & most of those are also Dexos 1, generation 2 approved Full synthetics. That seems to be a spec that's made to be used for the latest turbo & Supercharged engines, but N/A engines could use that advantage too. To me , I think that running an oil with the most current spec would be the "Best" oil? JMO

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
The newest oil is API rated "SN plus" & most of those are also Dexos 1, generation 2 approved Full synthetics. That seems to be a spec that's made to be used for the latest turbo & Supercharged engines, but N/A engines could use that advantage too. To me , I think that running an oil with the most current spec would be the "Best" oil? JMO
Pennzoil Platinum is rated SN Plus also. Obviously OP is imagining things, unless there was pretty much no oil in the engine and it was about to lock up before the change. I use Pennzoil Platinum and a Wix filter but I didn't notice any extra horsepower over generic conventional that was in it before.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pennzoil Platinum is rated SN Plus also. Obviously OP is imagining things, unless there was pretty much no oil in the engine and it was about to lock up before the change. I use Pennzoil Platinum and a Wix filter but I didn't notice any extra horsepower over generic conventional that was in it before.
I have heard in the past , that just switching to a good quality Full Synthetic oil , over a conventional oil can cut 1/4 mile ETs on most vehicles by at least a tenth of a second? This may be what the poster experienced? I don't know how an oil filter could enhance performance, but I'm always open to new data? Yes, ice445, Pennzoil Platinum SN+ , the one that's made from natural gas , it's said is really good stuff, low contaminants, really pure. Even the new Walmart store brand full syn. oil, rated at SN+ & Dexos, gen 2 in many viscosities , is rated good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts