Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Taurus SE and my cassette adapter (for use with an IPOD / MP3 player) is stuck. I found a couple posts of others with this problem, but the only way they got their cassette out was by breaking the radio. I don't want to do that.

How do I remove a stuck cassette?

The error code is TDE3, and the radio displays "NO TAPE" when I push eject.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone has already posted about this, please post the link in this thread.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
^ Had the same problem with a 98. Solution was to source another football (radio) from a self service salvage yard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch. Replacing the whole radio / air conditioning / heating unit seems drastic. I've got time, it's just a bit annoying having it stuck in there, so I'll wait and see if anybody else has suggestions. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
^+1 with 97LX. I didnt have much choice. Mine was stuck with the eject motor constantly running draining the battery, lol. R&r literally takes just minutes with ford din keys (ford radio removal tools < $5 at a parts store or walmart). Iirc, eatc football was ~ $15-20 at a pick n pull yard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Fortunately, after driving it for a few days, magic happened and the cassette ejected itself. I didn't even see it happen.
What's EATC?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts