Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new adapter for my 2001 Ford Taurus. Everytime I put the adapter in, it gets spit back and and a ERR message appears. I have searched the forums for an answer but cannot seem to find one. I read somewhere that there might be a tape player bypass to make it work. I have removed the rewinding device on one of my adapters just in case the casette player in my car was trying to rewind my tape automatically and this did not work. I know this is not an adapter problem, so at this point I ask what else can be done? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'm confused as to what you have going on here. Is this an adapter shaped as a cassette for say an ipod or portable cd player? What rewinding device did you remove?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Possibly. Mine failed a while back, but since I have plenty on CD now, I haven't fixed it yet. Chances are it is the player. Did you go elcheapo with the adapter?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possibly. Mine failed a while back, but since I have plenty on CD now, I haven't fixed it yet. Chances are it is the player. Did you go elcheapo with the adapter?
No, wasted 22 dollars and the damn thing. I miss the days when I could use the thing, the sound quality was amazing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts