Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i put on my brakes not hard, just a slow stop or a hard stop a noise is heard inside the car located from where i can hear it in the front of the car i dont know really how to explain it but has anybody else had this problem?
1997 ford taurus lx v6 duratec

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
hehn?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
....hmmmmm try that again......

sounds coming from your brakes in the front.....

is it a clunk, squeal, grind.......

are you drunk? :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drunk no, tired yes, umm its prob. cassified as a clunk

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
ive got noises too, 99 duratec.... my front brakes are garbage, pulsate and sound like a truck accelerating when i break from 50mph or above, and now they scream wildly when i am coming to a stop (i just had that fixed in may!)... and my car makes a loud noise at 45 and a couple other places and a louder one at 70, hard to describe, but it sounds like your in a propellor airplane almost... all my noise comes from the front, with the brakes its prolly warped rotors, with the propellor noise its prolly something to do with drivetrain. dont get me wrong, i know normal car noises, i know when something is normal and when its not, mine are not normal and should prolly be taken care of. if anyone has any input, id like to hear it :)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ok, if it clunks while coming to a stop, more than likely it's a motor or tranny mount. I am having this problem too. It has nothing to do with brakes. Hold your brake pedal down and step on the gas, and listen for a clunking sound coming fromt the engine compartment.

The motor mounts on these cars are crap.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I would not say there crap, they have to take more abuse than any other car i know. This is because our cars only have 3 motor mounts (gen 3's). While most have 5+

Anyways, could be a bad motor mount or front sway bar end link.

Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts